Cancer Relief UK is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any donations or purchases of our goods or services
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering as a member with us
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- any other information that you choose to send us
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use “session” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one
Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
International data transfers
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) server. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted (using SSL technology)
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Access to your information and contact details
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00). We will respond within 40 days. Contact us
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or content and practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. (firstname.lastname@example.org)